Honeycomb offers a secure service. Here’s how we do it:
How we secure your data 🔗
- We delete data as it exceeds the 60-day retention window.
- You can delete datasets at any time. For more fine-grained deletion (a single column, for instance) contact support.
- Your API Keys authenticate data ingestion.
- A team owner can create up to 5 API Keys for each team. Enable or disable keys as often as needed. Contact support for additional keys.
- If you send data using a disabled or invalid API Key, our API server will reject your events.
How we secure our infrastructure 🔗
- The Honeycomb network is architected using modern best practices for tunneling, separate VPCs, encryption at rest and in transit.
- All storage nodes are unreachable from the internet.
- Only web services (API, UI) are reachable from the internet at all, and then only through ELB TLS ports.
- Nothing is transmitted unencrypted.
- Our entire infrastructure is auto-scalable, which lets us roll our entire infrastructure in ~60 minutes (~10 minutes for our forward-facing web nodes) when critical security patches are released.
How we secure our agent 🔗
- Our various agents do not run as root and cannot be controlled remotely.
- All integrations are 100% open-source so you can examine it to your heart’s content.
Compliance data 🔗
- For compliance data, we offer our Secure Tenancy service. Secure Tenancy ensures that your plaintext data is never present in Honeycomb’s data files, and keys are never accessible by us.
- Fully auditable by your security team.
- Vetted by independent security professionals.
For more information about Secure Tenancy, contact your Honeycomb Sales Representative or reach out to us via our Help Page.